The mountains don’t deserve cyanide for gold!
The mountains are like a soul and the soul is not for sale!
Last week I was in Romania and I participated at one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been. Maybe because it was a simple wedding just with the family and best friends in the heart of mountains, not so traditional, with goodies and good music, a wedding where I contributed with my soul and a lot of creativity. I made the bouquets for the bride, bridesmaid and godmothers and I also prepared a handmade gift for the married couple. I hope you like it! Continue reading
There are a lot of wedding blogs trying to help people to find their own wedding style. There are also a lot of people who follow a “recipe” step by step because they want a wedding like in American movies. I have to recognize that I’m looking after pretty things for my moment, but I really know what I want to do and to make for that day. I just like to search and to discover new decor ideas or flower arrangements. In the end, the wedding will be a party and a story about us, about who we are and what we like, about our love and happiness and we will share all these with our friends.
keywords: natural, handmade, animals, bicycles, pastel, delicate, romantic.
My kind of dress
My kind of place Continue reading
I don’t want to say more for the moment….Keywords: wedding, story, animals, names. Can you imagine what I’m preparing?
My time is divided into gardening, cooking, traveling, learning French, looking for a job in Belgium, planning our wedding and occasionally painting. I could say that I have a wonderful vacation, but when I’m not happy with how I spend my time (I waste it with unimportant things), it’s not a blessing. I painted so little in the last 4 months and I have so many ideas in my head. (I’m so sorry Maria from Australia, I know that you waited a lot for a painted T-shirt by Chichiridiche, I wasn’t in the mood to make it).
Today I started to paint some wooden houses that I will show you next days. Until then, here’s what I’ve done lately:
– painted pillows for a married couple (don’t ask me why I combined a frisbee with a bicycle for him and cupcakes and panties for her – this was the customer’s request)
– a painted T-shirt (it wasn’t my idea. I received a photo to paint this cat face – “Too much love”)
– a recipe illustration. See my Guest Post for Kittenhood here.
– a painted dress for a pretty lady
I wish you a wonderful and creative day!
It’s almost two months since I have not written on my blog… and I made a looot of things. I have to recognize that the title is inspired by Murmu.
So here is a summary of what I’ve made lately:
- Easter time in Liege, Belgium – I made natural dye eggs for the first time:
- I made “cozonac” (sponge cake) also for the first time in my life
- I participated at my fist running race.
- I worked A LOT for SkirtBike in Romania (a stylish bicycle parade where the skirt and the bicycle are the dress code. More than 1500 girls cycled in 10 cities in the same day. Amazing right?)
- I met Dana Rogoz and I made shopping with the girls at H&M Showroom in Bucharest
- We had a bad weather at SkirtBike Bucharest, the worst possible
- but I met nice friends (Nico)
- and Vixy Blu made for me perfect cards. The most beautiful cards I’ve ever seen!
- after SkirtBike I went to Vienna at Velo-City. I am very proud to be one of the winners of Cycling Visionaries Award with SkirtBike Project. (Thanks for voting me!)
Velo-city conferences serve as a global communication and information platform aiming to address decision makers in order to improve the planning and provision of infrastructure for the everyday use of bicycles in urban environments. Velo-city conferences typically bring together more than 1,000 delegates such as engineers, planners, architects, social marketers, academic researchers, environmentalists and industry representatives who join forces with government at all levels in order to build effective transnational partnerships to deliver benefits to cycling worldwide.
To be continued…
This year I made natural dye eggs using onions skin but I will show you next days. If you haven’t prepared the Easter eggs yet, here are some great ideas for naturally dyed eggs:
Before heading out to the store to purchase the typical Easter egg dyes take a look in your pantry and refrigerator. You’d be surprised at the number of items you may already have on hand that will easily and naturally dye your Easter eggs. A variety of spices, vegetables and fruits will transform your eggs into hues of pinks, blues, purples, browns and yellows: turmeric, purple cabbage, yellow onion skins, blueberries, coffee and tea. Continue reading
I couldn’t begin my sketchbook without drawing a girl and a bicycle 🙂 I started today and it took me a few minutes to finish. A pretty Skirt Bike poster was in my mind but unfortunately I’m the event coordinator and I can’t participate for the poster design contest. But if you want, check the details here.
It was a busy and exciting period, I started to organize the SkirtBike event in Bucharest, but after all I managed to finish the present for my swap partner. I’m sure you can’t imagine what I made 🙂 but I will show you soon! A little preview :
It’s been a while since I haven’t written on this blog and I really missed it! After I finished with my Master thesis I spent precious time with my niece and my sister in Romania, I was at my parents home, I run from a friend to another, I had some meetings with some local NGO about bicycles, new standards, bike lanes and infrastructure situation in Bucharest, I met for the first time the Mayor of Bucharest (he’s not a nice person), I participated at the biggest protest in Bucharest where people reclaimed their street rights regarding bicycle infrastructure… Continue reading